The Office of International Student Services provides support and guidance to the unique needs of international students.
Our office accepted students plan and prepare to come to the United States, including the issuance of the I-20 (Nonimmigrant Student Status) form, as well as guidance on visas, travel, and other issues prior to arrival.
Students are provided with personal, academic, and employment advisement through the office of International Student Services.
The office is also responsible for guiding international students toward maintaining their F-1 student status, as well as implementing university and U.S. immigration regulations. All immigration-related petitions are filed through the Office of International Student Services.
Throughout the year, our office is available for students as needs arise. We provide assistance with the following:
- issuing I-20 forms
- keeping student SEVIS records up to date
- signing I-20 for travel
- guiding international students toward maintaining their F-1 student status
- assisting with airport pickup at the start each academic year
- assisting with opening bank accounts, post office boxes, meal plans, purchasing books, and other needs
- transportation to local stores or banks
- providing personal, academic and employment advisement
- CPT (F-1 Curricular Practical Training) if a student's academic major requires an internship
- OPT (Optional Practical Training) application and the process of filing the application