St. Bonaventure University
Technology Services provides technology support to all members of the campus community. Our staff of 14 IT professionals supports everything from the university administrative database to our wireless network.
Wireless Internet Access
- All campus buildings and the majority of our outdoor "green space" can access SBU's high-speed wireless network. Students do not need their own personal wireless router.
- The wireless network boasts 319 indoor access points and 12 wide-range outdoor access points. More than 3,500 wireless devices can be connected at one time.
- Each residence hall room is equipped with one ethernet network connection per room.
- Our wireless network, built to serve BYOD (bring your own device), supports a variety of wireless-enabled devices including PCs, Macs, mobile phones and tablet computers.
- Student Accounts: Your university username and password provide access to your SBU email account, the university's intranet site and more. Your SBU ID gives you access to your personal information. Keep it safe.
- My SBU: This is St. Bonaventure's intranet site, a secure site that allows you to access your email, register for classes, view your transcript, fill out student-worker time sheets, and access information for current students.
- SBU email: This is your official St. Bonaventure email account and will be used for official communications from various campus offices and faculty.
- Moodle: This is the university’s web-based learning management system used by many instructors to provide syllabi, course materials, grades, and other course-related information in a secure online environment.