School of Business
Office phone: (716) 375-2138Send an email
Swan Business Center 108D
- ACCT 305. Accounting Information Systems
- MBA 601. Accounting Foundations
- M.B.A., Michigan State University, magna cum laude, 1971
- B.A., University of Michigan, magna cum laude, 1970
- A.A., Flint Junior College, magna cum laude, 1968
Darwin King joined the faculty in 1983 after teaching for 12 years at two other institutions.
- Three “Distinguished Research Awards” from Allied Academies
- Four “Best Paper of a Track Chair Awards” from the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences.
- Published more than 45 refereed journal articles during St. Bonaventure tenure.
- Presented numerous papers at national and international conferences.
- Served on numerous committees at the Accounting Department, School of Business, and University levels.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Management Sciences, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Currently hold two vice president positions with the local chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
Research interests include accounting history, fraud examination, timber accounting and taxation, accounting information systems, and student Internet use.
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Personal interests include antiques (cars in particular), fishing, travel, and history (in general).
- Served as Assistant Scoutmaster and Merit Badge Counselor for Boy Scout Troop 677 for the past 15 years.
- Holds a number of board positions at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Allegany.