The interview can be one of the most challenging aspects of the job search process. You have knowledge, talent and impressive SBU credentials; now you need to learn to communicate and articulate your skills and experiences in a compelling way. Prepare yourself for this conversation by reviewing the resources below.
Resources for interview prep
- 10 Interview Questions to Determine if a Company is as Inclusive as it Claims – Fast Company
- 6-step interview prep plan
- General interview tips (during and after the interview)
- Behavioral interview questions
- Traditional interview questions
- Questions to ask the interviewer
- Practice interview with a CPRC counselor
To schedule an appointment with a career counselor to complete a practice interview, log into your Handshake account and click on the Career Center tab. Be sure to come professionally dressed and bring a relevant job description, along with a copy of your resume. Practice interviews are one hour in length.
- Big Interview
Big Interview is a virtual interviewing resource where you can complete practice virtual interviews and answer questions based on a specific industry and or field. To create a Big Interview account, log in to Big Interview using your Bonaventure email address.
- Digital Engagement Room (DER)
This gives students access to cutting-edge virtual networking technology, enhancing their ability to land a key internship or vie for a full-time position after college. To reserve the DER, log into your Handshake account and click on the Career Center tab. Select Schedule an Appointment and then Request a Room.