School of Business
Adjunct Instructor, Accounting
Office phone: (716) 375-2203Send an email
Swan Business Center 204A
- ACCT 201. Intro to Financial Accounting
- M.B.A., Accounting, St. Bonaventure University, May 2002.
- B.B.A., Accounting and Finance, St. Bonaventure University, May 2001
- Lecturer, Department of Accounting, St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY, August 2006 to present
- Student teaching evaluations consistently received top tier scores.
- Responsible for syllabus development, lectures, exam development and student evaluations for three courses per semester.
- Principal owner of Edward J. Bysiek, CPA accounting firm; August 2007-present; Responsible for audit, review and other attestation engagements, compilation and book-keeping services, and preparation of individual and business income tax returns
- Senior Accountant, Buffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C. Olean, NY, June 2002-May 2007; Served as “in-charge” on more than 50 audit, review and compilation engagements per year; Planned, performed, and supervised teams of staff during fieldwork on audits for governmental, not-for-profit, manufacturing, retail and insurance entities, as well as 401k and pension plans; Earned CPA designation in October 2003; Represented the firm at numerous professional, educational, marketing, and community events
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award – 2004
- Paul Harris Fellow Rotary Award - 2008
- Member, Olean Rotary Club, March 2003–present
- President, Institute of Management Accountants, September 2003–May 2005
- Member, Industrial Management Council, September 2004-May 2006