School of Business
Associate Professor of Finance
Chair, Finance & Sports Management programs
Office phone: (716) 375-2091Send an Email
Swan Business Center 206C
- ECO 101. Microeconomics Principles
- FIN 461. International Financial Management
- Ph.D., Economics, Clemson University 2008
- "Efficient Markets, Fair Bets, and Profitability in NBA Totals 1995-96 to 2001-02" with Rodney Paul and Andrew Weinbach. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance 44:4 (2004).
- "Changing of the Line: The Elimination of the Favorite-Long Shot Bias in Hockey" with Rodney Paul and Andrew Weinbach. Applied Economics.
- “Efficient Markets and Bettor Biases in the Baseball Totals Market” with Rodney Paul and Andrew Weinbach. Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
- "Property Rights and the Decision to Vertically Integrate" with Andrew Weinbach. Presented at the International Atlantic Economic Conference, October 2003.
- “Can Las Vegas Predict Attendance” Presented at the Academy of Economics and Finance Conference, February, 2006.
- "Competitive Balance in College Football: An Analysis by Conference" with Rodney Paul and Andrew Weinbach.
- "The Link Between Televised Games and the Overbetting of Overs in Totals Markets: Evidence from College Football" with Rodney Paul and Andrew Weinbach.
Professional Conference Presentations
- NABET 30th Annual Meeting, Market Efficiency In The Post-Lockout NHL, October, 2007
- Academy of Economics and Finance Conference, Sports Economics (presenter and discussant) February, 2006
- Southern Economic Association Conference, The Economics of Sports (discussant) Washington D.C., November, 2005.
- International Atlantic Economic Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, October, 2003.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
Applied Microeconomics, Sports Economics, Law and Economics
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT