Phone: (716) 375-2060; Cell: (716) 348-7422
Send an email
214 Murphy Professional Building
Kimberly DeSimone is an experienced Fortune 500 marketer and student centered professor. DeSimone received her Doctorate in Leadership and Policy from Niagara University and her Master’s in Business Administration from St. Bonaventure University.
Dissertation title: A phenomenological study of women’s perceptions in navigating the Fortune 500 executive leadership pipeline.
Prior to teaching DeSimone was a senior marketing manager at Fisher-Price (Fortune 500
Company), where she developed long-term and short-term business strategies and marketing plans for multiple multi-million dollar global businesses. DeSimone successfully led and managed diverse teams and projects traveling to Europe and Asia during
DeSimone is a passionate advocate for advancing women and women's workforce success. DeSimone is a former president of New York State Women Inc. (Buffalo/Niagara Chapter) whose mission is to build powerful women personally, professionally,
and politically and to make a difference in the lives of working women.
DeSimone is also involved in numerous women’s advancement organizations including The American Association of University Women (AAUW), The National Association
of Female Executives (NAFE), The National Latina Business Women’s Association (NLBWA), The National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), and Buffalo/Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives (BNSME).
DeSimone has published scholarly
papers in numerous academic journals and presents frequently at professional and academic conferences.
Honors & Awards
- DeSimone, K. (2021). Women perceive barriers to corporate advancement as self-imposed. Advancing Women in Leadership Journal, 40(1), 99-107.
- DeSimone, K. (2020). Beyond gender: Reconceptualizing understandings of work-life balance and the extreme work model for 21st-century high-potential top earners. Journal of Organizational Change. DOI (10.1108/JOCM-02-2020-0042).
- DeSimone, K., Harris, H. and Moore, E. (2020). “Mansplaining 101: Male/Female Miscommunication Among Undergraduate Students” Conference Presentation and Proceedings. Academy of Business Research Spring 2020 Conference Presentation and
Proceedings. New Orleans, LA, USA. Winner: Best Paper.
- Polka, W. (Ed.), Adelakun, O. (Ed.) and DeSimone, K. (Ed.) (2020). Fatal Attractions in the Digital Age: The Impact of Dire "High-Tech" and "High-Touch" Indiscretions in Our Digital Village. New York, NY: Linus Learning.
- Polka, W., Adelakun, O. and DeSimone K. [of Chapter 8] (2020). You're Not in ‘Flip Phone Kansas’ Anymore...Get Used to It! How to Remain Appropriately Grounded in the Digital World. In Fatal Attractions in the Digital Age: The Impact of
Dire "High-Tech" and "High-Touch" Indiscretions in Our Digital Village. New York, NY: Linus Learning.
- DeSimone, K. (2018). Mediating Corporate Gender Bias and Queen Bee Syndrome through Mentorship Tied to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Academy of Business Research. August 2018 Conference Proceedings. Winner: Best Paper, Management.
- DeSimone, K. (February, 2018). Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Modeling: Women’s leadership visualization study. International Journal of Business, Management and Commerce, 3(1), p.18-27.
- Gross, B., Marinari, M., Hoffman, M., DeSimone, K., & Burke, P. (2015). Flipped@ SBU: Student Satisfaction and the College Classroom. Educational Research Quarterly, 39(2), 36.
- DeSimone, K. (2021). Trust in organizational diversity initiatives and reinforced gender binaries. Academy of Business Research Fall Conference San Antonio, TX, USA October 27-29 Winner: Best Paper Management Track.
- Invited keynote speaker and panelist: United Nations International Women’s Day Global Conference (2021): Women in Leadership, Achieving and Equal Future - sponsored by the World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD). Presentation title:
Women in leadership: More fixing the pipeline, less fixing the women. London, UK.
- Invited Panelist: Dixon Schwable Advertising Webinar: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Advertising, March 2021.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Lecture Series (DEILS) (February 2021): Beyond Gender: Reconceptualizing the extreme work model for 21st Century Families.
- Academy of Business Research (August , 2018) Presentation and Proceedings: Mediating Corporate Gender Bias and Queen Bee Syndrome through Mentorship Tied to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Invited Presenter & Panelist, October 2017, International Society for Educational Planning (ISEP) Global Conference in Toronto, CA. Presentation Topic: Where are the women? Women’s under-representation at the highest corporate echelons.
Panel: Addressing Global Diversity Today.
- Invited Presenter, December 2017, Niagara University Annual Research Symposium. Presentation Topic: A research proposal: Corporate women’s perceptions in navigating the barriers in reaching executive level, top earner positions.
- Invited March 2015 Women of Promise Panelist, St. Bonaventure University: Women’s Workforce Issues.
- Invited May 2014 Keynote Speaker: Western New York Women in Business October, Topic: Powerful Women Consumers Unite: Rise of the “Sheconomy.”
Summary of Qualifications
- Exceptional, experienced higher education instructor focused on student engagement and experiential learning instructional strategies. Top student rankings for teaching and advisement.
- Extensive online teaching experience including course development, instruction and assessment.
- Scholar Warrior. Peer reviewed research/scholarship focused on diversity in leadership. Qualitative & quantitative. Multiple academic presentations and publications.
- Service: Actively serve and lead many community and university committees and organizations.
- Broad experience in digital & social media brand building (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, blogging).
- Strategic business leadership consultant with active ongoing client base.
- 10+ years strategic management and marketing experience in a Fortune 500 company.
- 8+ years research and business development experience.
- Extensive qualitative and quantitative business and academic research involvement including peer reviewed research, GIS data mapping, surveys, phenomenological, and ethnographic research.
- Executive integrated marketing communications experience in traditional & non-traditional media including television, print, website and social media campaign development & implementation.
- International business development experience: extensive U.S. & Global travel (Europe and Asia).
- Assistant Professor, Jandoli School of Communication, Master's in Strategic Leadership Program, St. Bonaventure University, Olean, N.Y.