Students in the Jandoli School are required to complete at least 400 hours (100 hours for transfer students) of approved internships in order to graduate.
The value of internships
Internships are important learning experiences. They let students see how course material is applied in the workplace, present opportunities for students to live and work in new places, and can even lead to full-time employment upon graduation.
We believe our internship requirement is one of the key reasons our students step right from graduation into starting positions with key communications industry organizations, and why our graduates are among the industry's top achievers today.
IN PHOTO: Joe Ceraulo, '19 (right), met Pro Football Hall of Fame member Joe Namath as a summer intern at SiriusXM Radio in New York.
Internships allow students to:
- discover their passion for a particular career path
- make valuable professional contacts
- measure their skills against professional standards
- learn firsthand from people in professions they may be considering
- develop "people" skills, confidence and successful workplace habits