The Competitive Edge Certificate (The EDGE) is a program that provides participating juniors and seniors the opportunity to develop professional skills sought by employers and graduate schools.
Students have a year to complete a resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and elevator pitch. In addition to establishing these credentials, students will attend two seminars on topics including interviewing skills and professionalism and meet with a career counselor to discuss career goals and the participant’s progress through the program.
Program participants get a step ahead of the competition for intern and job opportunities by developing confidence in their ability to communicate and to present themselves in professional settings. Those who complete the program earn a certificate that is a prestigious addition to any resume and a St. Bonaventure University padfolio.
Requirements & Recognition
- Interested juniors and seniors must register to participate. Registration runs for about a two-week period at the start of the fall semester. Space in the program is limited and early registration is strongly encouraged.
- All program requirements must be completed by April of the spring semester. Students who complete all program requirements will receive a certificate and be recognized at a reception.
- An EDGE with Distinction certificate and a letter of achievement from the university president await those who complete the EDGE requirements, participate in three experiences, and answer reflection questions. Examples of the experiences are below:
- Etiquette Dinner
- Employer information session
- Service Opportunity
- Other experiences based upon approval by the program coordinator