Qualified high school seniors who enroll in a bachelor's degree program at St. Bonaventure are guaranteed placement in our Master of Science in Business in sport administration program upon satisfactory completion of undergraduate requirements.
This program is designed for students who want a business degree that applies an in-depth understanding of the sport business industry. Students acquire a strong business foundation in accounting, finance, management, marketing, analytics, and law, while having the opportunity to tailor electives to career goals.
Qualifications & requirements
To qualify for the early assurance sport administration program, students must have an 85 high school average in college preparatory coursework.
- Students must maintain full-time status.
- Required and recommended courses must be taken for a grade.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 GPA in School of Business courses.
- Students who do not meet the GPA standards will be provided a letter indicating that they will be placed on probation until the GPA requirement is met. Students who continually fall short of the required qualifications may have their seat revoked.
- Current SBU students may apply for the early assurance program if they meet the 3.0 GPA requirements.
Recommended undergraduate majors & courses
While students may choose any major that results in a Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in four years, the following undergraduate majors are recommended:
- Sports Management
- Sports Media
- Sports Studies
Recommended minors for other majors
Should students not choose one of the above majors, the following undergraduate minors are recommended:
- Business Administration
- Sports Management
How to apply for early assurance
When applying for admission to St. Bonaventure, whether using the free Common Application or St. Bonaventure’s free application, applicants should indicate, under the “Pre-Professional” question, that they wish to apply for an early assurance program.