The SBU Honors Program is designed for the highest-achieving students to provide a unique experience that enriches their undergraduate experience, both academically and in student life. Our singular goal is to provide enhanced education to excellent students and help transform them into truly extraordinary scholars and people.
- Incoming students that have a minimum high school average of 90 and a SAT score of at least 1270 (New SAT - Math & Evidence Based Reading & Writing) OR an ACT score of 27 are invited into the Honors Program
- The Honors Program currently houses the top 5-10% of the student body at St. Bonaventure
- Our Program consists of 24 credit hours including special sections of courses and seminar style classes with exciting topics not available to the rest of campus
- A Senior Honors Project designed to foster critical thinking and develop highly competent students with marketable skills in their discipline
- Early registration for classes.
- Honors Lounge in the middle of campus for students to study with fellow scholars or relax after a long day.
- Free tickets to the Quick Center for the Arts annual concert series.
- Designated Honors housing.
- Social events designed to build friendships among Honors scholars, Honors faculty, and university administration including an afternoon tea for Honors freshman with the university president.
Students may participate in as much of the honors program as they desire, or they may fulfill all the requirements to earn a degree with honors.
Requirements and courses for a degree with honors
I am always available to answer any and all questions pertaining to University Honors. Please do not hesitate to call or email me. If you are going to be visiting the campus, I hope you’ll take the opportunity to stop by and introduce yourself. This is a really exciting time to be an Honors student at St. Bonaventure and we want you to be a part of our community.
Dr. Megan Walsh
Director of the Honors Program
Professor of English
Send an email
Plassmann Hall F-2