Office phone: (716) 375-2188
Send an email
From 2008-2017 I was weekday news anchor, reporter and communications expert for WCTI/WFXI of New Bern, N.C. In addition, during the same period, served as a public relations practitioner, advocate and fundraiser for various organizations and non-profits.
For nearly a decade, I worked as a top-rated, ABC/FOX-affiliated, multi-media/broadcast journalist with an extensive background including results-driven managerial experience and senior level writing/social/communication abilities, just
to scratch the surface.
I served as an exceptional, consumer-centric, results-driven communications leader with winning skills in media consulting, video storytelling, public relations and marketing. I was executive producer while operating
as a solo LIVE anchor during a 3-hour, breaking news morning show. Additionally, I was responsible for producing all real-time, breaking news updates on our varied social media outlets. My show was competitive and successful.
graduated from the Jandoli School of Communication in May, 2007. I believe in and continue to practice the mission and values of the university. I credit the school’s strong writing and ethical basis for my success and strive to carry on
this excellence legacy in the classroom.
My active role and strong media network in the broadcast media world allows me to teach students with a fresh and authentic perspective.
I intend to inspire my students to achieve career excellence. My mission will be to prepare each student by implementing the importance of broadcast journalistic integrity and authenticity. I wish to instill the teachings that will encourage students to become polished, award-winning team players during their career span:
- Creative video showcasing and active & accurate writing in the form of “New, Now, Next” expresses urgency to the viewer. Today, this style significantly defines a reporter/multi-media journalist as trusted and invested in the facts. I intend to teach this writing/producing style to motivate a fast-paced product that will keep viewers coming back time and time again. I’d like to include off-site, educational trips to enforce these teachings.
- The news business is in constant motion. Top news market managers rely on the research and guidance of trusted consultants to keep up with the demand. I will call on my professional resources (paid, professional consultants/ news anchors/news directors, etc.) to reinforce current practices and teachings of a fast-paced news environment (including digital functions). I will regularly schedule in-person/virtual lessons with these professionals. This will give students an authentic glimpse on how a top-rated newsroom functions and becomes number one.
- The word “enterprise” is critical in every top newsroom. Becoming a successful, enterprise reporter is an art that involves creativity, curiosity and a full understanding of our nation’s First Amendment. In the classroom we will learn what it means to generate good, news sources. I will enforce the point that trust is crucial when receiving a solid, news tip. I will stress the importance of the freedom of the press and a journalist’s role in society, under this freedom.
These key bullet points are practiced in every top news organization. This educational structure will prepare each student for excellence in this competitive industry.
Anna produced news segments for critically acclaimed television shows “Extreme Makeover, Home Edition” and “Shark Tank.” For the last several years, she helped kick off the media portion of the annual celebrity book tour for American novelist, screenwriter and producer Nicholas Sparks.
She fondly recalls one of her most memorable career moments: “I broadcasted for 25+ hours live on the air when Hurricane Irene made landfall in eastern North Carolina in 2011. I didn’t leave the studio once. We had to make sure people knew how this tropical scare was unfolding. We had to protect all of those families.”
Anna has generated thousands of followers on social media sites including Facebook and Twitter.
Anna can't think of anything she loves more than people and the human social experience. With that said, she is continually a part of community projects and volunteer work. She has helped raise more than $100,000 actively hosting/auctioneering for Nicholas Sparks Foundation, The Epiphany School, St. Pauls Catholic School and Church, all located in North Carolina.
Here is some of the charity/volunteer work Anna has been a part of:
Additional Biographical Information
- She’s served as a committee member and host for the regional North Carolina Professional Women’s Conference.
- She is an active fundraiser/volunteer for the national organization METAvivor.org.
- She serves as a model/advocate/fundraiser/promoter for the Coastal Women’s Shelter of North Carolina, and has helped raise roughly $30,000 for Pitt Community College by participating as a dancer in “Dancing With The Stars.”
I’m a proud St. Bonaventure alumna. I am one of three siblings to attend good old St. Bonas. I’m the oldest of four. I was born and raised in a suburb of Detroit, Mich. Family, laughter and excellence are the most important things to me. I am energized by the thought of educating our future leaders. Be in touch with any questions on how I can help advance your educational career in the world of broadcast journalism. Carpe diem.