In our flexible, fully online program, you will choose one of two specializations — integrated marketing communication or content marketing — that best aligns with your career interests.
Master the art of strategic storytelling
Learn to use critical thinking and create laser-focused stories consumers value in the ever-changing communications landscape while you experience academic excellence at an extraordinary value.
Through the online Master of Arts in communication program, you will gain the necessary tools for creating a campaign vision, crafting the strategy, developing high-touch content for target audiences, analyzing data and measuring success.
Our alumni are among the most forward-thinking professionals in their fields, working at Fortune 500 companies and using their cutting-edge knowledge and creativity to create change. SBU also is one of just three schools offering ACEJMC-accredited online graduate programs.
Our innovative program design will allow you to master the following concepts crucial for today’s innovative communications professionals:
- Conceptual thinking – Tap into creative thinking to develop original ideas for traditional and digital media content and empathetic consumer experiences.
- Strategic thinking – Identify communication problems, create strategic campaign plans and use data analytics to measure content marketing campaign goals.
- Visual & written communication – Create engaging, integrated content and visuals across all major media platforms that demonstrate an understanding of diverse audiences and messages.
- Professional readiness – Develop a deeper understanding of global business topics through the lens of ethical decision making, gaining experience creating and presenting a formal communication plan.
- Emphasis on integrity – Connect with diverse audiences while embodying empathy, ethical principles and freedom of expression.
Choose from two specializations
The online master's in communication from SBU was developed for students who come from an array of undergraduate backgrounds. Our curriculum is carefully designed to reflect the real world where information, data and communications interact, helping you cultivate interdisciplinary knowledge.
Tailor your communication master's degree with a specialization in the in-demand areas of integrated marketing communication or content marketing.
The Jandoli School is accredited by ACEJMC
St. Bonaventure’s School of Communication is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ACEJMC).
When you graduate from an ACEJMC-accredited program you can be assured that your program adheres to the highest standards, including in areas such as curriculum, diversity and inclusion, full-time and part-time faculty and learning outcomes.
As an accredited school, we are:
- one of only 19 private university communication schools to be so accredited
- one of just three offering accredited online graduate programs.