Fischer, Michael J.
School of Business
MBA, Professional Accountancy Program Director
Professor of Accounting
Office phone: (716) 375-2186Send an email
Swan Business Center 204B
Recent Courses Taught:
- MBA 616. Accounting Practice & Analysis
- MBA 635. Accounting Theory & Research
- Ph.D., Smeal College of Business, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo
- B.S., State University of New York at Buffalo
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, St. Bonaventure University
- Dean, School of Business, St. Bonaventure University
- Dean, Enrollment Management, St. Bonaventure University
- Audit Manager, Price Waterhouse
Relevance Regained? An Examination of the Contents of Introduction to Management Accounting. 2016. Academy of Business Research Journal. Forthcoming.
- The Place of Business Profits: A Franciscan Perspective from Luca Pacioli. Franciscan Connections: The Cord – A Spiritual Review. March, 2016. pp. 16-17.
- Earnings Management and Corporate Social Responsibility: An In-Class Exercise to Illustrate the Short-Term and Long-Term Consequences. (with Carol M. Fischer). Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations. 2009. Volume 10, pp. 1-25.
- Luca Pacioli on Business Profits, Journal of Business Ethics, June II 2000, pp. 299-312.
- "Real-izing" the Benefits of New Technologies as a Source of Audit Evidence: An Interpretive Field Study, Accounting, Organizations and Society, February/April 1996, pp. 219-242.
- Strategy, Technology and Social Processes within Professional Cultures: A Negotiated Order, Ethnographic Perspective, (with Mark W. Dirsmith), Symbolic Interaction, November 1995, pp. 381-412.
- Enhancing Audit Efficiency Using New Technologies, (with John P. McAllister), The CPA Journal, November 1993, pp. 58-62.
- Short-Cutting FASB no. 96's Scheduling Exercise, Journal of Accountancy, February 1989, pp. 42-44.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Board of Directors, Cattaraugus County Business Development Corporation (currently Vice President)
- Board of Directors, Cattaraugus County Empire Zone Corporation
- Board of Directors, Chautauqua Lake Estates Association