Present Academic and Professional Positions
- Chair, University Faculty Committee on Recommendations
- Chair, University Faculty Senate Finance Committee
- Member, St. Bonaventure Board of Trustees Finance Committee
- Chair, Applied Management Science & Decision Support Systems Track of IABD Conferences
- Chair, School of Business Faculty Evaluation Committee
- Chair, School of Business Faculty Composition & Development/Intellectual Contributions Committee
- Faculty Advisor & President, Bonaventure Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Member, St. Bonaventure Study Abroad Committee
- Member, Southern Tier YMCA Foundation Board
- Member, Board of Directors of International Academy of Business Disciplines
- Editorial Board Member of Three Scholarly Journals
Past Academic and Other Professional Positions
- Dean, School of Business, St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, New York
- Chair, Management Sciences Department, St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, New York
- Chair, Management Sciences & Marketing Departments, St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, NY
- Design Engineer, Secure Enterprises, Inc., Buffalo, New York
- Junior Officer, In-Charge of Annealing & Pickling Departments, Special Steels Ltd., Bombay, India
- President, PennYork Chapter of the American Production & Inventory Control Society
- Member, Board of Directors, Genesis House, Olean, New York
- St. Bonaventure University Faculty Recognition Award For Professional Excellence In Research And Publication, May 2006.
- Awarded Two Outstanding Track Chair Awards: (i) at the 2004 IABD Conferences held in San Antonio, Texas, March 2004 & (ii) at the IABD Conference held in San Diego, CA, April 2014.
- Community Service Award at the Salute To Olean celebration by the Olean-Bradford YMCA, February, 2010.
- Received awards for research papers presented at scholarly meetings.
- St. Bonaventure University Faculty Recognition Award for Special Services for service to the University and Community, May 1995.
- Teaching Excellence Award by Eastman Kodak Company & Independent College Fund of New York “...in recognition of outstanding contributions to teaching."; May 1993.
- Selected for inclusion in biographical publications:
- several volumes of (i)Who's Who in the World, (ii) Who's Who in America, and (iii) Who's Who in the East, published by Marquis Who's Who, Inc., Chicago,Illinois
- International Who's Who of Intellectuals, published by the International
Biographical Center, Cambridge, England.
- Honorary Member, Delta Mu Delta, National Honor Society in Business Administration
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honor Society for AACSB Accredited Business Schools
- Merit Scholar for each of the five years at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India over the 5-year Bachelor of Technology degree program
- Author/Co-author of more than 35 refereed publications in professional Journals and proceedings of professional conferences.
- Presented more than 30 scholarly papers at various international and national conferences of professional societies.
Selected Refereed Publications Include
- “Cultural Values in Indian Television Commercials”, with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, Journal of Promotion Management, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 265-281, 2013.
- “Cultural Values and Decision-Making in China”, with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-12, 2013.
- “Preferences Expressed By Asian-Indian Subjects For American Versus Asian Indian Print Advertisements”, with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, in the International Journal of Business and Social Science, Volume 2, Number 17, September 2011.
- “Portrayal of Gender Roles in Indian Magazine Advertisements,” with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah in Business Research Yearbook, XIII, 2006, Editors Marjorie G. Adams and Abbass Alkhafaji, A Publication of the International Academy of Business Disciplines.
- “A Study of the Extent of Westernization in Indian Magazine Advertisements,” with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, in the Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Volume 17, Number 2, 2005.
- “Second Generation Asian-Indian Reactions to Asian-Indian and American Advertisements,” with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, in International Business and Economics Research Journal, Volume 4, Number 9, September 2005.
- “Penetrating Global Technology Markets - Two Strategies,” with Azam N. Foda, published in the “Beyond iiTechnology” Global Conference Proceedings, May 2005.
- “Relative Importance of Attributes of Students For Securing a Job,” published in the proceedings of the 2005 International Applied Business Research Conference, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, March 14-18, 2005.
- “Application of Dynamic Programming to Optimal Load Scheduling of Power Generation Units,” with Rabiz N. Foda, in Business Research Yearbook, XI, 2004. Editors, Carolyn Gardner, Jerry Biberman and Abbas Alkhafaji.
- “Use of Mathematical Models for Evaluating Research Proposals,” the Business Research Yearbook, Volume X, 2003. Editors, Jerry Biberman and Abbass Alkhafaji.
- “Dominant Cultural Values: Content Analysis of the US and Indian Print Advertisement,” with Durriya Z. Khairullah, Journal of Global Marketing, Volume 16, Number 1/2, 2003.
- “Relationships between Acculturation, Attitude toward the Advertisement, and Purchase Intention of Asian-Indian Immigrants,” with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, the International Journal of Commerce and Management, Vol.9, Number 3-4, 1999.
- “Behavioral Acculturation and Demographic Characteristics of Asian-Indian Immigrants in the United States,” with Durriya H. Z. Khairullah, the International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, Volume 19, Number 1-2, January-February 1999.
- "An Approach For Preference Ranking of Alternatives," with Stanley Zionts, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 28, number 3, 1987, North Holland Publishing Co.