at St. Bonaventure equips you with the sophisticated tools necessary to pursue a career in computer crime investigation, information assurance and digital forensics. Cybersecurity
students use their education to detect, investigate, and prevent technology related crimes.
The program is closely aligned with our computer science program. The two share resources and some of the same accomplished faculty.
The cybersecurity program at St.Bonaventure merges the strengths of our faculty and facilities with the expertise of the Department of Computer Security and Information Assurance at Hilbert College
. This is done using conferencing technology and does not require travel between campuses.
Our program prepares you for both the management and technical sides of the field. We also offer a fully online master's program
Cybersecurity Program Advantages
- Career Advantage: Emphasis in both the technical and managerial sides of the cybersecurity field prepares students for careers in business, government, and law enforcement.
- Integrated Ethics: Ethics content is integrated at all levels of the curriculum to prepare students for the challenges of technology leadership.
- Small Class Size: An 11:1 student to faculty ratio ensures that you get the attention that you deserve - from professors who will work with you 1:1 to accomplish your goals.
- Hands-On: Students gain practical, hands-on experience with the latest hardware and systems.
- Flexibility: Courses shared between St. Bonaventure and Hilbert College will be offered via Lifesize conferencing technology, whereby students on one campus will use this distance-learning technology to attend a course as it is being taught on the other campus. There is no need to travel between schools.
- Innovative Curriculum: The St. Bonaventure/Hilbert College Cybersecurity degree is one of the only regional programs of its kind.
- Expert Faculty: Program faculty include accomplished professors of computer science as well as those with professional industry experience.
- Industry Standard: Cybersecurity students gain the knowledge required to pass industry recognized cybersecurity certifications such as the ComptTIA Network+, ComptTIA Security+ and Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) examinations.
With a degree in Cybersecurity, you will be in demand. At St. Bonaventure, Cybersecurity students are prepared for high-paying careers including:
- Intelligence analyst
- Computer crimes special investigator
- Information assurance specialist
- Credit card fraud investigator
- Health insurance special investigator
- Money laundering analyst
- Network administrator
- Bank security compliance officer
- Compliance, risk management and fraud supervisor
- Digital forensics examiner
Oct 16, 2019 | Dr. Hossein Sarrafzadeh, director of St. Bonaventure University's cybersecurity program, is featured in a wallethub.com article on identity theft and what consumers can do to protect themselves.
Aug 27, 2018 | St. Bonaventure University’s cybersecurity program will host artificial intelligence expert and STEM advocate Dr. Mahsa Mohaghegh as this fall’s Lenna Visiting Professor.
Aug 27, 2018 | St. Bonaventure University has announced the launch of a new online Master of Science degree program in cybersecurity.
Jul 31, 2018 | Three St. Bonaventure University students are taking a year-long certification course in ethical computer hacking, bolstering their resumes as they prepare for the cybersecurity industry.
Apr 24, 2018 | More than 175 business leaders, educators, scientists, students and politicians were on hand Tuesday morning as St. Bonaventure University unveiled the Western New York Cybersecurity Research Center.
Apr 18, 2018 | With an intense new focus on its cybersecurity program, St. Bonaventure University welcomes New Zealand’s Dr. Paul S. Pang to campus this week as the Lenna Visiting Scholar for the spring semester.
Apr 13, 2018 | St. Bonaventure University will unveil the Western New York Cybersecurity Research Center on Tuesday, April 24.
Jul 11, 2017 | St. Bonaventure University’s science faculty are once again hosting two summer STEM events to inspire and support area teachers and students.
Feb 28, 2017 | St. Bonaventure University has hired a global expert in computer technology and security to direct its bachelor’s degree program in cybersecurity.
Oct 31, 2016 | Dr. David Levine will talk about the vulnerabilities that enhanced technologies create for the election process at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3, at St. Bonaventure University.
Oct 21, 2016 | Careers in the STEM fields will be the focus of two speakers from 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at St. Bonaventure University.
Mar 11, 2016 | More than 40 students from six area schools participated in the second annual Twin Tiers Regional Science Fair Thursday at St. Bonaventure University.
Aug 27, 2015 | St. Bonaventure University and Hilbert College announced today that they will each offer Bachelor of Science degree programs in Cybersecurity beginning in the fall of 2016. They are the only higher education institutions in the region to offer undergraduate majors in this high-demand field.