Oct 04, 2021 |
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education program celebrated the academic and personal accomplishments of the university’s HEOP students during an Honors and Awards Ceremony Sept. 28.
Academic Year Awards, recognizing students for semester (fall and/or spring) and cumulative GPA during the 2020-21 academic year were given to:
- Deandre Allen (spring semester and cumulative)
- Michael Assim (spring semester)
- Douglas Clayton (spring semester)
- Destiny Competelli (fall semester)
- Jerchy Dilone (fall semester and cumulative)
- Genisse Garcia (fall semester)
- Dakoda Iamele (spring semester)
- Belinda Landou-Lingoupou (fall semester)
- Angy Martinez (spring semester and cumulative)
- Alicia Maxwell (fall, spring, and cumulative)
- Darlyna Minaya (spring and cumulative)
- Brian Ozuna (fall semester)
- Sangelys Perez (spring semester)
- Anayla Thompson (fall semester)
The Zeta Epsilon chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon at St. Bonaventure inducted four new members this fall:
- Deandre Allen
- Angy Martinez
- Alicia Maxwell
- Jerchy Dilone
Chi Alpha Epsilon was founded in 1990 to recognize the academic achievements of college students in college access and opportunity programs across the country. The society promotes high academic standards and honors academic excellence achieved by eligible students.
A number of Summer Program Awards recognized first-year students who completed the HEOP summer program in Summer 2021:
- Anas Alami and Kiara Roque received the Best Attitude Award, which recognizes the student who maintained a positive attitude through difficult challenges. Award recipients demonstrated their positive attitude in social, personal and academic contexts throughout the summer program.
- Gabby Yearwood received the Leadership Award, which recognizes the student who demonstrated strong leadership skills throughout the summer program, both in and outside the classroom.
- Mia Tiwari was named the Most Improved Student, awarded to the student who made the most academic progress over the course of the four-week summer program.
- Jared Diaz was named the Summer Program Scholar, which recognizes outstanding academic achievement across all five summer program courses, resulting in the highest summer GPA.
Chimique Powell received the Alexis Reyes Franciscan Spirit Award that was created in memory of Alexis Reyes, a member of the HEOP Class of 2022 who tragically passed away while returning to campus her sophomore year. The recipient should exemplify Alexis’ characteristics – especially kindness, loyalty, work ethic, positivity, and an ability to inspire others.
Dwight Coleman received the Margaret T. Bryner HEOP Scholarship. Scholarship recipients accomplish well-rounded success, in and out of the classroom.
About the University: The nation’s first Franciscan university, St. Bonaventure University is a community committed to transforming the lives of our students inside and outside the classroom, inspiring in them a lifelong commitment to service and citizenship. In 2020, St. Bonaventure was named the #2 regional university value in New York and #3 in the North by U.S. News and World Report.