Sep 06, 2021
Dr. René Hauser has been named a co-director of St. Bonaventure University’s Center for Attention, Learning & Memory.
Hauser is the director of the inclusive special education program in the university’s School of Education. The chair of the Faculty Senate, Hauser has taught at St. Bonaventure since 2004.
Founded in 2017 by Dr. Adam Brown and Dr. Althea Need Kaminske, the center facilitates and supports faculty development and promotes research in the areas of attention and learning across departments and schools.
“We’re excited to have Dr. Hauser join the team. Her experience and expertise in education will help us to continue to offer impactful professional development and meaningful research on attention, learning, and memory,” Need Kaminske said.
Hauser has been an “enthusiastic asset” to CALM from the beginning, Brown said.
“Dr. Hauser embodies the commitment to supporting high quality research by using that research to inform practice,” Brown said. “It will be a pleasure to have her on board.”
The center is located in De La Roche Hall, Room 118.
The interdisciplinary center is a joint effort between the School of Education and the School of Arts and Sciences.
Faculty and staff development workshops will be held via Zoom at 5 p.m. Sept. 22 and Nov. 3. Zoom links will be shared on the Notice Board closer to the dates of the workshops.
The purpose of the Center for the Study of Attention, Learning & Memory is to:
- centralize research from across campus in the areas of attention and learning;
- increase communication among individuals, departments and schools as it pertains to attention and learning;
- promote interdisciplinary research to better connect disparate fields of study;
- increase awareness of the importance of attention and learning and related fields;
- promote student/faculty collaboration on projects related to attention, memory and learning;
- reinforce St. Bonaventure University’s commitment to the study of attention, memory and learning.
About the University: The nation’s first Franciscan university, St. Bonaventure University is a community committed to transforming the lives of our students inside and outside the classroom, inspiring in them a lifelong commitment to service and citizenship. In 2020, St. Bonaventure was named the #2 regional university value in New York and #3 in the North by U.S. News and World Report.