Nov 19, 2020 |
Residence halls close for the Fall 2020 semester on Sunday, Nov. 22, at noon. As you prepare to leave campus, there are several essential procedures you MUST follow:
- You must return your room key(s) to the Key Boxes located outside of Campus Safety in Robinson Hall. All students will be required to return their room keys when they depart campus at the end of the Fall 2020 semester no later than Sunday, November 22, 2020. Please make sure your name and room number is on the key envelope when you put it in the box.
Failure to return your room keys will result in a lock core change that will be conducted on your room/apartment and result in a $100 Lock Change Fee and a $100 Failure to Comply Fine. You will pick up your room keys again when you arrive to campus during the Spring 2021 semester.
As you enter the Campus Safety entrance of Robinson Hall, there will be pre-printed envelopes provided for you to list your name, room number, and key code. After you complete that envelope, you can put it in the respective key box. Sanitation stations will be available.
- As you prepare to leave campus at Thanksgiving, please make sure you sign the checklist on your door upon your departure with reminders to complete the following:
- Lock all windows and doors in your room/apartment
- Close all blinds
- Leave the heat ON
- Unplug refrigerator with the exception of large appliances in the apartments/townhouses. Dispose of all perishable items. Remember, you will be away from campus for almost two months!
- Turn off all electronics
- Dispose of all trash
- Take all items home with you of sentimental or significant value as you depart campus. You may leave all items in your room at your own discretion between semesters.
Residence Life staff members will be going through all rooms/apartments on campus on Wednesday, Nov. 25, to ensure you have followed these protocols. If you have any questions, please email Residence Life at email@example.com.
Office of Residence Life