May 07, 2020
St. Bonaventure University will host a number of virtual events beginning Friday, May 8, as the end of the spring semester draws near.
- To get students in the right frame of mind for exam week, we invite them to take a break from their studies at 8 p.m. Friday, May 8, as University Ministries offers its annual Blessing of the Brains on UMin’s YouTube channel.
- At 7 p.m. EST on May 8, just before the Blessing of the Brains, the Department of Athletics will broadcast its student-athlete #BonniesChoice Awards on its YouTube channel.
- For the seniors and graduate students earning their degrees next weekend, we will be broadcasting “A Celebration of Graduation” on the university’s YouTube channel at 2 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 17. We invite all members of our campus community to tune in.
Graduates have until 11:30 p.m. EST today, May 7, to submit their photos to GradImages if they want a photo to be included in the slide show at the end of the broadcast. Students should have received an email from the company on Friday, May 1.
During the broadcast, University President Dr. Dennis DePerro will announce the dates when your Commencement Weekend will be held on campus later this year.
- Earlier on May 17, University Ministries will conclude its series of “virtual” Masses from the University Chapel that began during Holy Week. Fr. Russel Murray, O.F.M., and Fr. Ross Chamberland, O.F.M., will concelebrate the 11 a.m. Mass, with Amanda Naujoks, director of the San Damiano Center for Pastoral and Liturgical Ministries, serving as lector. It can be viewed on UMin’s YouTube channel.
- At 10 a.m. EST on Saturday, May 16, our St. Bonaventure ROTC program will commission seven new second lieutenants. Their ceremony will be broadcast via Facebook Live on the Seneca Battalion’s Facebook page.
We encourage all #BONAgrad2020 students to follow the university’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts next week for event reminders, and to share their thoughts and see the thoughts of others as their college careers come to a close.