University administrators, in concert with St. Bonaventure faculty and regional health officials, have worked since we moved to online course delivery in March 2020 to build a plan to reopen in the fall and, subsequently, in spring 2021, that maximized the safety of the entire campus community.
For fall 2021, the university is requiring that all students — except for fully online, non-residential students — receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
For more information, click here.
upon their return to campus will be required to sign this expectations form
that explains COVID protocols for vaccinated and exempted unvaccinated students.
This page serves as the repository for all of the significant COVID-19 resources and information to keep the campus community abreast of the plans we've developed and any updates to our plans during the semester.
Mask policy amended (Nov. 1)
Effective MONDAY, NOV. 1, the university’s mask policy will be amended for students. New signage will be posted on campus buildings Monday.
Fully vaccinated students will be required to wear masks only in indoor classes and at large indoor gatherings where required; for example, Bonnies basketball games in the Reilly Center or stage productions in the Quick Center.
Unvaccinated students will still be required to wear masks at all times indoors, except for in their rooms in their campus residence or while eating at a campus dining facility or catered event. Campus visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must also continue to wear masks unless they are visiting student residences on campus and they're vaccinated.
Vaccinated and unvaccinated university employees, including students while working at their campus jobs, must continue to wear masks at all times indoors until the state deactivates the provision in the HERO Act mandating that all employees at workplaces in New York stay masked while indoors, with the following exceptions:
- Employees — regardless of vaccination status — if they’re in their offices alone.
- Vaccinated employees only if they’re in a workspace where sufficient and consistent physical distancing is possible throughout their work shift.
- Vaccinated employees only inside the Richter Center if they are working out, running or playing a game. (NOTE: Richter full-time and student employees must remain masked during their work shifts, as do all unvaccinated people at any time inside Richter.)
- Any employee — regardless of vaccination status — if they’re in a campus dining facility, but they can only be unmasked while eating.
- Vaccinated employees in small, in-person meetings, as long as every person consents.