When will I be notified of an admissions decision?
You will be notified of your admission decision within one week of all of the required documents being submitted. Please note that some students will be required to speak with our Transfer Coordinator as part of the admission decision process.
What is the Credit Evaluation process?
St. Bonaventure is a very transfer friendly community! Recently we made significant changes to our Transfer Policies. In general:
- You must have a 'C' or better for acceptance of credits within your major field of study.
- Most college credits are accepted.
- A preliminary evaluation of credit will be sent to you after the acceptance decision is made.
- You will be assigned an academic adviser who will recommend a program of study for your future semesters at the University.
How do I get credit for college courses I took in high school?
St. Bonaventure does accept credits from college courses taken during high school (Advanced Placement Courses):
- Log onto www.collegeboard.org and request that your AP scores be sent to St. Bonaventure University.
- In general, a 3 or better is required on the AP test to obtain college credit.
How do I get credit for college courses?
- These credits will not show up on your high school transcripts. Please directly contact the College/University in which you took these courses and have your transcripts sent to St. Bonaventure University.
When is the confirmation of enrollment due?
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due by August 1 for fall applicants or January 5 for spring applicants to guarantee a spot in the incoming class. Since we have rolling admission, we are able to accept new transfer students up until classes begin. The earlier you apply and are accepted, the earlier you will be able to register for both your courses and housing, as we are registering students for classes and assigning housing on a first come, first served basis for transfer students.
What if I want to live on campus?
Housing is guaranteed for students who pay their $200 confirmation deposit by May 1 (for students applying for the fall semester) or by January 5 (for students applying for the spring semester). Housing will then be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Am I eligible for Financial Aid/Transfer Scholarships?
To be considered for Financial Aid:
For many, financial aid is an important part of the transfer process. At St. Bonaventure, we award Transfer Scholarships to students who achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.5, based upon the official transcripts from all colleges attended. Our Transfer Scholarship Page will provide an extensive breakdown of the scholarships available to you.
For a financial aid brochure or additional information, contact:
Director of Financial Aid
St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, New York 14778