World Languages and Cultural Studies
School of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Chair, World Languages and Cultural Studies Program
Office Phone: (716) 375-2281Send an email
Temporary office: De La Roche 21
- SPAN 101-102. Elementary Spanish
- SPAN 201-202. Intermediate Spanish
- SPAN 222. Spanish Literature in Translation
- SPAN 224. Contemporary Latin American Literature in Translation
- SPAN 301-302. Spanish Conversation and Composition
- Reading Spanish Literature in English
- SPAN 401. Survey of the Literature of the Middle Ages
- SPAN 402. Survey of the Golden Age of Literature
- SPAN 412. Golden Age Drama
- SPAN 425. Generation of 1898
- SPAN 426. Hispanic Theater
- Ph.D., Spanish, Texas Tech University
- Dissertation title: Comedy in the Theater of Azorin
- M.A., Spanish, Texas Tech University
- B.A., Modern Languages, St. Bonaventure University
- Ph.D coursework at University at Buffalo; University of Texas
In my career prior to academia, I was a senior associate for Korn/Ferry International, the executive search firm.
- My translation of a Xavier Villarrutia play was adapted and performed here at SBU as well as in a staged reading performance at the Irish Classical Theater in Buffalo with members of Hispanics United of Buffalo. The translation was published in 2010 in the journal "The Dirty Goat" vol. 22.
- 2004 winner of the Leo J. Keenan Faculty Appreciation Award.
- Recently served as Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of Arts and Sciences
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
- In process of translating Villarrutia's La mujer legítima.
- I advise our majors and minors as well as serve as the adviser of Xi Delta, the SBU chapter of the National Spanish Honor Society, Sigma Delta Pi.
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
I enjoy volunteering at the SPCA. I work in obedience and agility with our German Sheperd dog, Kiva. I also enjoy community theater and traveling, particularly to the American Southwest.