Curriculum & Courses
Requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration in Sports Management
The following table summarizes all requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration in sports management. To see the description of a particular course, click on its title. For one possible breakdown of the sports management major by semester, see the Plan of Study below.
Plan of Study for a Bachelor of Business Administration in Sports Management
The following is a suggested plan of study for a sports management major. Changes in sequencing may be desirable. All modifications should be made in consultation with the student's academic adviser.
* May substitute MATH 151 for QMX 210
**SPORTS MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATIONS:
Four concentrations are available to sports management majors. Each concentration requires nine credit hours that offer an opportunity to study a specific area of business in more detail. Sports Management majors must declare a concentration by junior standing:
***SPORTS MANAGEMENT ELECTIVES:
- Accounting: Three electives must be selected from ACCT 305, 308, 310, 361, 362, 401, 402, 403
- Finance: Selected electives must include FIN 334 Sports Analytics and two other course FIN 310, 321, 401, 402, 421, 461
- Human Resource Management: Selected electives must include MGT 401 AND MGT 402 and one other course BSM 301 MGT 324, MGT 416, MGT 419
- Marketing: Selected electives must include BSM 301 and two other course MKT 302, 303, 306, 308, 310
Two courses or at least six credits required among HIST 207, PHED 310, PHED 414, PHED 313/WS 313, JMC 341, MKT 310, BLX 310, FIN 334, PSYC 414, BSM 301.