Minor in Human Services

Human services is a broad field that can include criminal justice, substance abuse, mental health, and working with the disabled, poor and disadvantaged. The minor provides academic training and experience for graduate school.

Non-majors may obtain a human services minor by completing the requirements below. To see the description of a particular course, click on its title. Our Course Descriptions page lists all sociology courses.

To declare a minor, a special form must be filled out and filed with the Records Office by the end of the student's junior year. The appropriate form is available from the student's advisor or from the Office of the Registrar.