An annual summer lab development workshop for K-12 math and science teachers with instructors from the university's departments of biology, chemistry, physics, computer science and psychology.
The summer K–12 Science & Math Teacher Workshop has two goals:
- To bring K-12 science teachers, school administrators and SBU science faculty together for a continuing discussion on bridging the gap between K-12 and college STEM education.
- To provide a hands-on experience for K-12 teachers to develop integrative lessons.
The workshop encourages the recognition of opportunities for networking and new short- and long-term partnerships between K-12 schools and St. Bonaventure's math and science departments, or between individual K-12 schools.
Workshop activities are designed to be transferable to K-12 classrooms so that teachers may stimulate student interest in STEM education and increase their readiness to pursue STEM careers.
New York State Continuing Teacher/Leader Education (CTLE) credits are provided by Cattaraugus/Allegany BOCES.
2022 workshop topic, dates & registration
- Topic: Climate Change: The What, Why, and How to Improve
- Program Dates: Monday, July 11 — Thursday, July 14, 2022 (four days)
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. with 30-minute lunch break
- Registration Deadline: Monday, June 10, 2022
View a slideshow of a previous workshop