Office phone: (716) 375-2490Send an email
Selected journal articles and book chapters:
- Strasser, I. (in press). Embracing the ‘good-enough’ – Teaching, learning, living during the Covid-19 lockdown. Life writings.
- Strasser, I. & Dege, M. (in press). Crises, Politics, Psychology - An Introduction. In I. Strasser & M. Dege (Eds.). The Psychology of Global Crises and Crisis Politics. Intervention, Resistance, Decolonization. Palgrave
- Dege, M. & Strasser, I. (2021). Psychology in Crisis - an introduction. In M. Dege & I. Strasser, (Eds.). Global Pandemics and Epistemic Crises in Psychology: A Socio-Philosophical Approach, pp. 1-12. Routledge
- Strasser, I. (2019). “When I Get Older Losing My Hair...”—Individuals’ Concepts of Successful Aging. International Journal of Developmental Science, 13(1–2), 53–65. https://doi.org/10.3233/DEV-180258
- Dege, M. & Strasser, I. (2019). The Lone Wolf Coder. An autoethnographic reflection on the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois. Human Arenas, 2 (3), 322–340.
- Renner, W., Jenull, B., & Strasser I. (2014). What will I be like at eighty? How human values contribute to expected real and ideal self-images in old age in a Germanic/Austrian cultural context. Advances in Aging Research, 3 (1), 35-42. DOI:
- Glück, J., Koenig, S., Naschenweng, K., Redzanowski, U., Dorner, L., Strasser, I., & Wiedermann, W. (2013). How to measure wisdom: Content, reliability, and validity of five measures. Frontiers in Psychology 4:405. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00405
- Strasser I., Koller I., Strauss S., Csisinko M., Kaufmann H., Glück J. (2010). Use of strategy in a 3-dimensional spatial ability test. Journal of Individual Differences, 31(2), 74-77.
- Glück J., Strasser I., Bluck, S. (2009). Gender Differences in Implicit Theories of Wisdom. Research in Human Development, 6 (1), 27-44.
Edited books and special issues (selected publications):
- Strasser, I. & Dege, M. (Eds, forthcoming). The Psychology of Global Crises and Crisis Politics. Palgrave.
- Dege, M. & Strasser, I. (Eds., 2021). Global Pandemics and Epistemic Crises in Psychology: A Socio-Philosophical Approach. Routledge.
- Donlic, J. & Strasser, I., (Eds., 2020). Gegenstand und Methoden qualitativer Sozialforschung. Einblicke in die Forschungspraxis. [Methods in qualitative inquiry. Insight into practical research.] Barbara Budrich publishers.
I consider teaching and learning as interpersonal and holistic processes. What we do when we learn is to build connections between theory and practice—between thoughts, ideas, concepts, feelings, experiences, etc. In the classroom, I want to create
a safe space to try out new approaches and question existing concepts or preconcepts with my students. Building up theoretical knowledge is utterly important, and so is empirical research and the application of this knowledge. I continuously invite
my students to gain hands-on experiences and to develop a critical understanding to use their skills in service of their communities.