B.S.-D.O. 3+4 Accelerated Dual Admissions Program
Overview of the SBU-LECOM Accelerated Dual Admit Program in Osteopathic Medicine
This option to our B.S.–D.O. dual admissions program with LECOM provides an accelerated 3+4 track to medical school for the well prepared and highly motivated student.
The application procedure is the same as that for the non-accelerated SBU-LECOM Dual Admit Program in Osteopathic Medicine
Applicants must submit a complete application to SBU. Applications that are complete by Dec. 10 receive priority. Required application materials that do not fit into online applications should be mailed to the Office of Admissions (see address at bottom of page). Transfer students are not eligible for this program.
A brief online LECOM application
must be completed before the LECOM interview can be scheduled.
Qualified applicants will be interviewed at SBU by invitation in January and February. A second interview is conducted at LECOM. Decisions on acceptance are made after the LECOM interview.
Additional requirements include:
- High school applicants: 1340 (ERW+M) SAT or ACT composite of 29. (This higher SAT/ACT requirement is the only difference from the 4+4 track.)
High school average of 90 or higher as calculated by the St. Bonaventure Admissions Office
- At least two letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be from a science teacher.
- Two essays:
- One essay (Personal Statement) that will be included with your Common App.
- An additional essay titled “Applying to Medical School,” which details your interest in working in the profession of medicine and why you are interested in starting that process at SBU and then continuing at LECOM.
- A resume that organizes all of your extracurricular activities in one place (church, clubs, sports, hobbies, volunteering, clinical exposure, employment, etc.).