The RN to B.S. in Nursing program, completed in four semesters over two years, is an innovative way for registered nurses to earn a bachelor's degree.
The RN to B.S. in Nursing Program at St. Bonaventure University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org
Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
Baccalaureate prepared and in demand
You will be introduced to technologically advanced concepts to help you keep pace with the rapidly changing healthcare industry.
The program is designed to enhance your leadership skills, your professionalism, and to encourage you to learn more about yourself so that you may become a more emotionally intelligent provider.
The Department of Nursing at St. Bonaventure University is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, which establishes quality standards for nursing education and promotes support for nursing education, research and practice.
Program cost & admission requirements
Tuition for full-time or part-time RN to B.S. in Nursing students for the 2022-2023 academic year is $700 per credit hour, which includes a comprehensive fee (access to the Center for Student Wellness and other university services and programs), and institutional aid discount.
an unencumbered RN license and current registration in the state to which you want your clinical completion hours to apply;
- an associate degree or diploma degree in nursing from a registered and accredited nursing program in New York state, or from an institution nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN-CNEA);
- that you practiced nursing within the past five years, or that you graduated from an associate degree or diploma nursing program within the past five years.
- proof of having received the full series of vaccinations against COVID-19.
How to apply
To apply to the RN to B.S. in Nursing program, students should submit the following to the Office of Admissions at St. Bonaventure:
- an official transcript of all undergraduate coursework
- a copy of your RN license
- an up-to-date resume with work experience (if applicable)
Applicants for this program will apply as transfer students. For more information, visit our Transfer Admissions website
$200,000 state grant aids program applicants
St. Bonaventure University was awarded a $200,000 New York State Department of Labor grant that will allow 10 associate prepared registered nurses residing in the Western New York region to achieve a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the university.
Ten RN to B.S. in Nursing students will receive full tuition, fees, and supplies from this project opportunity with special focus given to veterans, single parents, and older individuals (55+).
The university will provide $120,900 in discounted tuition and fees to support the students.
Details are available in our news release. Click here.
For questions or additional information, email Dr. Connie Perkins, founding director of nursing, or call her at (716) 375-2253.