This advanced certificate program is designed for those teachers who wish to better meet the needs of all students in their classrooms. The program is 100% online and can be completed in one year.
All coursework focuses on meeting the academic, socio-emotional and communication needs of students who require specialized instruction either due to a disability or giftedness. This program prepares teachers to personalize learning for all students through utilizing differentiated instruction, advanced collaboration, and assistive technologies.
The mission of this program is to provide teachers with high-level skills in meeting the needs of diverse learners through focusing on the conceptual framework of competence, experience and social justice. Coursework in this program provides field experience that allows students to transfer what they learn into practice in real-life settings.
This program is an advanced certificate program that prepares teachers to meet the needs of diverse learners. This program DOES NOT lead to teacher certification in any area.
- SPED 503. Evaluation and Measurement for Inclusive Education
- SPED 504. Collaborative Behavioral Supports and Transition for Inclusive Education
- SPED 510. Instructional Design and Strategies for Inclusive Education (Requires 15 hours of field work with students with disabilities)
- SPED 511. Foundations of Inclusive Education
For course descriptions, please click here
- Official transcripts (3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.o scale is the working standard)
- Valid teaching certification
- Two letters of reference
- Impromptu writing sample (taken at time of the interview)
- Other information as requested by admissions or the program director