Tanner, Michelle E.
School of Education
Visiting Professor, Counselor Education
B6 Plassmann Hall
- CE 500. Research Methods
- CE 550. Group Counseling
- CE 570. Career Counseling
- Ph.D. (ABD), Counselor Education and Supervision, Duquesne University
- MEd in K-12 School Counseling, California University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- B.S. in Secondary English Education, California University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Pennsylvania Certificate in K-12 School Counseling
- St. Bonaventure University, visiting professor, 2019-present
- California University of Pennsylvania, adjunct professor, 2018-present
- Seton Hill University, adjunct professor, 2018-present
- California Baptist University, adjunct professor, 2017-present
- Westminster College, adjunct professor, 2016-present
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, adjunct professor, 2017-2018
- Albert Gallatin Area School District, school counselor, 2014-2017
- Albert Gallatin Area School District, middle school ELA teacher, 2008-2014
- Southeastern Greene School District, middle school ELA teacher, 2007-2008
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Rech, J., Ulmer, E., et. al. (2019). From the inside out: Therapists' confessions of courage, strength, and hope. Pittsburgh, PA: Unsung Hero Publishing.
- Aulthouse, M., Eliason, G., & Knopp, N. (in progress). Reality therapy and pastoral self care. Pastoral Counseling: Theory and Application.
Aulthouse, M., Kolbert, J. B., Bundick, M. J.,& Crothers, L. M. (2017). Positive Psychology and Career Development. Journal of School Counseling, 15 (15).
- Aulthouse, M. (2013). Clergy Families: The Helpless Forgotten’s Cry for Help Answered Through Reality Therapy. VISTAS, Summer Issue, 47.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
- Spirituality in school counseling
- School counselor supervision
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American School Counseling Association (ASCA)
- Pennsylvania Counseling Association (PCA)
- Pennsylvania School Counseling Association (PSCA)