Our Early Assurance in Public Health program secures placement for interested high school seniors and transfer students in our master's degree program in public health upon completion of their undergraduate studies.
Lock down a spot as a college freshman
Early assurance programs let you lock down your seat in a master's degree program as an incoming freshman or transfer student provided you maintain good standing in the undergraduate program and meet the graduate program's academic admission requirements.
This program allows students to begin taking graduate-level courses during their senior year of undergraduate studies. Not only does this provide a financial savings on the overall cost of the master's degree, but because the master's program is offered in the evening, weekends and online, it provides the opportunity to work and earn a salary while completing the degree.
Applicants to the Master of Public Health program must submit the following:
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended
- Evidence of having earned a Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0
- Record of having completed these prerequisite courses: biology, statistics, sociology and psychology
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- Proof of immunizations. See "Required Health Forms & Records" on our Health & Counseling Services website.
When applying for admission to St. Bonaventure, whether using the free Common Application or St. Bonaventure’s free application, applicants should indicate, under the “Early Assurance” question, that they wish to apply for an early assurance program.
If you are a current student considering the benefits of participating in an early assurance program, please email the Office of Graduate Admissions
or call 716-375-2021.