Office phone: (716) 375-7603Send an email
Who we are and where we came from have as much to do with how we learn as what we learn. Learning is a lifelong journey filled with good and bad experiences but should always have elements of fun and excitement along the way. No one is more important than a student, seated in a class, waiting for knowledge.
ADDITIONAL BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
- #No Casualties: an on-campus activist group created to educate and combat casual racism and discrimination;
- Faculty senator and chairperson of the Curriculum Committee;
- Ocean preservation and coral reef rescue;
- NYS advocate for Parents with Special Needs Children;
- Major SBU men's and women's rugby fan!
- SCUBA Diving (Certified NAUI SCUBA Diver)
- Swimming lessons instructor for Greater Niagara Frontier Council Boy Scouts of America
- Disabilities trainer for GNFC Boy Scout summer camp staffs
- Parent representative for Committee on Special Education, Attica Central School District;
- Duke Center United Methodist Church member
- Playing piano
Happily married to David A. Schrems, a volunteer fireman and welding instructor at Albion Women's Prison, NYS Dept. of Corrections; mother to Cody J. Schrems, a special needs child who is currently 18 years past his prognosis and a medical miracle, according to his medical team.