Office phone: (716) 375-2449
Send an email
- Gentry Rhetoric: Literacies, Letters, and Writing in an Elizabethan Community. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2022.
- “Arguing the Courtship of Elizabeth and Alençon: An Early Modern Marriage Debate and the Problem of the Historical Public Sphere.” Rhetoric Society Quarterly 42.1 (2012): 26-43.
- “Childhood Reflections: Elizabeth I’s The Glass of the Sinful Soul and the Foundations of Her Rhetoric.” Explorations in Renaissance Culture 37.1 (2011). 31-49.
- “A Conservative Revolution: Elizabeth I and the Making of Religious and Rhetorical Truth.” Advances in the History of Rhetoric 10 (2007): 175-196.
- Milton and the Politics of Public Speech. Helen Lynch. Seventeenth-Century News 73.3-4 (2015).
- Milton and the Post-Secular Present: Ethics, Politics, Terrorism. Feisal G. Mohamed.
Seventeenth-Century News 70.1-2 (2012): 5-8.
- Shakespeare’s Freedom. Stephen Greenblatt. Cithara: Essays in the Judaeo-Christian
Tradition 50.2 (May 2011): 44-46.
- Visionary Milton: Essays on Prophecy and Violence. Edited by Peter E. Medine, John T.
Shawcross, and David V. Urban. Cithara: Essays in the Judaeo-Christian Tradition
50.1 (November 2010): 37-38.
- “Elizabeth Brooke Wyatt.” A Biographical Encyclopedia of Early Modern Englishwomen,
Exemplary Lives and Memorable Acts, 1500-1650, ed. Carole Levin, Anna Riehl
Bertolet, Michele Osherow. Farnham: Ashgate. Forthcoming.
- “Christiana Bruce Cavendish, Countess of Devonshire.” A Biographical Encyclopedia of
Early Modern Englishwomen, Exemplary Lives and Memorable Acts, 1500-1650, ed.
Carole Levin, Anna Riehl Bertolet, Michele Osherow. Farnham: Ashgate. Forthcoming.
- “Ian Was Pointing a Gun.” Over My Dead Body, The Mystery Magazine Online. December 2014.
- “Neighbors.” The Apple Valley Review 8.1 (2013).
- “Do the Charleston.” Year Zero: A Year of Reporting from Post-Katrina New Orleans. Joe Longo, Jarret Lofstead, eds. New Orleans: Lavender Ink. 2006. 18-19.
- “Let’s Take the Boy Fishing.” Ellipsis 24 (2001): 41.