Graduation is more involved than handing in that last paper and attending Commencement exercises. There are forms to submit, residence check-out procedures to follow, not to mention myriad details about Commencement itself, such as rehearsal times and designated assembly areas.
This site will help guide you through the graduation process at St. Bonaventure University.
Below, grouped by office or department, are the steps and procedures required of a graduate for successful departure from St. Bonaventure as a student and his or her welcoming into the proud family of SBU alumni.
Senior One Stop Shop
Friday, May 5
Reilly Center Arena
Hosted by the Center for Activities, Recreation and Leadership (CARL), Senior One Stop Shop brings together in one location representatives of various campus offices to help seniors ensure that they meet all requirements to graduate. There will also be an opportunity to contribute to the Senior Class gift.
Office of the Registrar
Graduates, please make sure to do the following:
- Review your degree audit to ensure that each section either shows "Complete" or "Pending completion of unfinished activity." If you have any section that shows "In progress," please see Cassandra Dowe at the Office of the Registrar, Hopkins Hall.
- Double-check that major(s) and minor(s) are accurately listed on your degree audit.
- Complete the MANDATORY Graduation Application on my.sbu.edu by Friday, March 17:
- Undergraduate Degree Candidates: Baccalaureate Degree Application
- Graduate Degree Candidates: Graduate Degree Application
- Students who anticipate being six (6) credit hours or fewer short of meeting their degree requirements, but who wish to participate in the May 2023 Commencement, must fill out the Commencement Participation Agreement Form on my.sbu.edu. This form serves as a request to participate in Commencement Exercises with the understanding that you will complete your degree requirements at an agreed upon date. You must complete this form by Friday, March 17.
Office of Residential Living
- Residence hall or on-campus apartment checkout: Students are to be checked out of their residence halls and apartments no later than 5 p.m. Sunday, May 14 (Commencement Day).
- Don't forget to return your key(s). Keys are to be dropped off at the key boxes outside of Campus Security at Robinson Hall (the entrance facing the Reilly Center). Key envelopes are provided on the table under the key boxes. Failure to do so results in a lock change charges for bedroom door and, if in the apartments, front door.
- Make sure your room is clean and free of all personal belongings.
- Your RD will contact you closer to Senior Week regarding other proper checkout procedures.