Carrier, James P.
School of Arts and Sciences
Major, U.S. Army
Professor of Military Science & Officer in Charge (OIC)
Doyle Hall 26C
- M.S., Administration, Central Michigan University, 2016
- B.S., Engineering Arts, Michigan State University, 2004
- United States Army Command and General Staff College, 2016
- Maneuver Captain’s Career Course, 2009
- Armor Officer Basic Course, 2004
- 16 years as an Armor Officer
- 2004-2009: Second Lieutenant to Captain: Served as a Scout Platoon Leader, Troop Executive Officer and Assistant Operations Officer in the 3rd Squadron, 89th U.S. Cavalry, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division; Combat deployments to Tallil, Iraq and Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2009-2013: Captain: Commanded a Heavy Weapon’s Company in the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division; Combat deployments to Kandahar Province, Afghanistan and Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
- 2013-2016: Captain to Major: Served as an Instructor and Course Director in the Department of Military Science at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- 2016-2018: Major: Served as the Operations Officer for the 8th Squadron, 1st U.S. Cavalry. Additionally served as the Operations Officer for the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division.
- 2018-2020: Major: Served as an Observer, Coach, Trainer for Maneuver Battalion Operations Officers and Brigade Combat Team Executive Officers at the Joint Multi-National Readiness Center at Hohenfels, Germany;
Honors & Awards
- Ranger Tab
- Air Assault Badge
- Pathfinder Badge
- Parachutist Badge
- Combat Action Badge
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS/PROJECTS
PERSONAL INTERESTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT