|Association For The Advancement Of Collegiate Schools Of Business (AACSB)
St. Bonaventure University’s School of Business has taken its rightful place as one of the premier business schools in the world. We are one of the smallest institutions with AACSB accreditation. We have the best of both worlds: a quality business school within the personalized, small school environment that has always characterized SBU.
- AACSB accredited since 2004
- one of only 5% of business schools worldwide to hold this accreditation -- and we are proud to declare these "bragging rights"
Majors of Distinction
Since its inception, St. Bonaventure's School of Business has maintained a strong core of academic programs:
- Business Information Systems
- Management Science
- MBA (full time, part time and 5-year option)
The future is exciting and offers the following niche programs:
- coursework in Family Business
- Business Honors Program
- Sports Management Minor
- International Business Minor
- Coursework in Entrepreneurship
National Best Practice
The AACSB has commended our School of Business for its incorporation of service learning into the curriculum, which uniquely links the University's Franciscan mission to the academic core of the School of Business.
Student Service & Innovation
How many universities can claim they packaged more than 113,000 meals for families in Haiti, and completed this monumental task, led by student volunteers, in less than a day? St. Bonaventure can.
And we tout distinctive service programs in the School of Business that produce deliverable outcomes every day.
- Provided $1 million in donated services since 2005
- Dozens of disaster relief trips across the nation
- 2010 International Service Day spanned 30 sites and 10 countries, engaging students, faculty, staff, Board of Trustees, NAAB, and friends of St. Bonaventure.
- Shipped 35 pallets of food and medical supplies to Haiti
Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- Clocked more than 29,000 student volunteer hours since 2009
- Approximately 100 campus members, 50% outside the School of Business
- Ecotourism, Funny Money, Embrace it Africa, and Operation Chain Reaction are just a few of the programs that promote economic empowerment and individual dignity through SIFE students
- More than 100 computers and 8 pallets of books shipped to the Bahamas this year.
Students in Money Management (SIMM)
- Students manage a portfolio of $170,000 and report ROI to the Board of Trustees
- Students attained positive returns during the 2008 market when most financial portfolios plummeted
- Students in the program prepare for Bloomberg certification
- Watch out, Wall Street!
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- More than $4.8 million returned in tax refunds secured by Bonaventure students
- Offers real-world experience prior to the internship
- 15,000 hours of contributed services to the Olean-area community.
Pacioli Scholars Program
The program is named after Luca Pacioli, a 15th century Franciscan friar who was much more than the Father of Accounting -- he was the very essence of business ethics.
Woven throughout his description of the double-entry method of accounting are his insights on how being a successful businessperson and a good person can and should be brought together in living an integrated life. This competitive program recognizes high-quality students with a unique commitment to community service, a solid business model St. Bonaventure stands behind.
- 500+ alumni own their own businesses
- 500+ alumni hold key executive positions at regional, national or multinational firms including Alesco, Amgen, Bessemer Trust, BMO, Citibank, Corning, CUTCO, Delta Airlines, Dresser-Rand, Deutsche Bank, FiberTech, G.E., Greatbatch Inc., IBM, Iroquois Insurance Group, JP Morgan Chase, KPMG, Lockheed Martin, M&T Bank, Massey Quick & Company, MasterCard, Merrill Lynch, New York Stock Exchange, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Procter & Gamble, Sirius/XM Radio, Service Center Metals, Symetra Financial Corp., The Bank of New York Mellon, TIAA-CREF, UBS, Upper Allegheny Health System, Zurich Financial
- And the list goes on ... Need we say more? Yes, we are Bullish on Business!