Get Help With Your Math Homework and Test Preparation
The Department of Mathematics sponsors assistance labs for mathematics courses staffed by mathematics instructors Sally Kwiatkowski ("Mrs. K.") and Punkie Sinesiou. All Math Labs meet in De La Roche 303.
Students wanting assistance in answering practice problems or preparing for quizzes or exams are invited to arrive at any time during the scheduled sessions and leave as they wish. Students are also invited to just come and use the space as a math study area. No appointments are necessary. Courses and times are listed below.
During the fall semester of 2013, Math Labs meet on regular class days from Thursday, September 29 through Friday, December 6. During Finals Week, Math Labs will be offered during special limited hours, which will be announced on the Notice-Board.
Math Lab assistance is available for students taking the following courses.
- MATH 099. Developmental Mathematics
- MATH 107. Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 108. Pre-calculus Mathematics
- MATH 111. Mathematics for Elementary Education I
- MATH 117. Introduction to Statistics for Natural Science Majors
- MATH 121. Finite Mathematics for Management and Social Sciences
- MATH 122. Calculus for Management and Social Sciences
- MATH 135. Quantitative Reasoning
- MATH 145. Introduction to Mathematical Concepts
- MATH 151. Calculus I
Help for any of the above courses is available during any of the Math Lab hours, which are listed below. Watch for announcements on the Notice-Board for any changes or cancellations that must be made.
|Fall 2013 Math Lab Schedule by Day |
(All labs meet in De La Roche 303)
| Monday || 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. |
| Tuesday || 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. |
| Wednesday || 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. & 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. |
| Thursday || 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. & 2:00 – 7:00 p.m. |
| Friday || 10:00 a.m. – noon |
Individual peer tutors are available through the Teaching & Learning Center for students who regularly get assistance from their professor and utilize the math labs but are in need of additional guidance.