- “Literary Pirates as Agents of Change” in LATCH: A Journal for the Study of Literary Artifact in Theory, Culture, or History. 5 (Winter 2011): 120-140.
- “Archival Triage: Maire Nic Shiubhlaigh’s Notebook at the Harry Ransom Center” in The New Centennial Review 10:1 (Spring 2010): 31-48.
- “Symbolic Power in Mary Robinson’s Presidency and Eavan Boland’s Poetry” in New Hibernia Review: A Quarterly Record of Irish Studies. 12.3 (2008): 47-65.
- “Gendered Trauma in Mike Leigh’s Vera Drake” in Studies in European Cinema. 3.3 (2006): 211-221.
- “The Mathew Carey Conference: A Transatlantic Figure, A Transatlantic Discussion.” Conference review in The Eighteenth-Century Intelligencer. 26:1 (March 2012): 17-20.
- “Ireland, America, and the Worlds of Mathew Carey.” Conference review in the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading, and Publishing (SHARP) News 21:1 (Winter 2012): 1.
- “Race, Liberty, and the Transatlantic Imaginative.” Review of The Grateful Slave: The Emergence of Race in Eighteenth-Century British and American Culture by George Boulukos and Freedom's Empire: Race and the Rise of the Novel in Atlantic Modernity, 1640–1940 by Laura Doyle. Eighteenth-Century Studies. 43.1 (Fall 2009): 120-122.
- “A Backward Glance and a Forward Gaze: Interview with Barbara Harlow” in Ethnic and Third World Literature Review of Books. 8 (Spring 2008): 73-76.
- In Progress
- “Mathew Carey, Eminent Physician: Figures of Authority in the Transatlantic Yellow Fever Pamphlets, 1793-1795.” Revised and resubmitted at Book History.
- Encoding and Editing a digital edition of Absalom Jones and Richard Allen’s A Narrative of the Proceedings of the Black People, during the late awful calamity in Philadelphia (1794).
- Figures of Abstractions: Slavery and the Book in the Eighteenth-Century Transatlantic World (manuscript in progress).
Selected Awards, Grants, and Fellowships
- Northeast Modern Language Association Fellow at the American Antiquarian Association. July 2012.
- 18thConnect Scholar at Digital Humanities Summer Institute of the University of Victoria. June 2012.
- Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Writing Fellow at Southwestern University. August 2011 to June 2012.
- American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Dissertation Fellow at the Library Company of Philadelphia. June 2010.
- Outstanding Assistant Instructor at the University of Texas at Austin English Department. July 2010.
- Institute of Library and Museum Services Scholarship at Rare Book School of The University of Virginia. July 2007.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Research Fellow at the University of Texas at San Antonio. June to July 2003.
- Oliva Teaching Fellow at Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts. September 2001 to June 2002.