An individual's identity is stolen every three seconds. Secure your future in one of the fastest growing fields in tech. Cybersecurity
at St. Bonaventure will prepare you with the sophisticated tools necessary to pursue a career in computer crime investigation, information assurance and digital forensics. Cybersecurity
students use their education to detect, investigate, and prevent technology related crimes.
Experts manage technology and people. Merging the strengths of the St. Bonaventure Department of Computer Science
and Hilbert College Department of Computer Security and Information Assurance
, the Cybersecurity program at SBU prepares you for both the management and technical sides of the field.
Cybersecurity Program Advantages
- Career Advantage: Emphasis in both the technical and managerial sides of the cybersecurity field prepares students for careers in business, government, and law enforcement.
- Integrated Ethics: Ethics content is integrated at all levels of the curriculum to prepare students for the challenges of technology leadership.
- Small Class Size: An 11:1 student to faculty ratio ensures that you get the attention that you deserve - from professors who will work with you 1:1 to accomplish your goals.
- Hands-On: Students gain practical, hands-on experience with the latest hardware and systems.
- Flexibility: Courses shared between St. Bonaventure and Hilbert College will be offered via Lifesize conferencing technology, whereby students on one campus will use this distance-learning technology to attend a course as it is being taught on the other campus. There is no need to travel between schools.
- Innovative Curriculum: The St. Bonaventure/Hilbert College Cybersecurity degree is one of the only regional programs of its kind.
- Expert Faculty: Program faculty include accomplished professors of computer science as well as those with professional industry experience.
- Industry Standard: Cybersecurity students gain the knowledge required to pass industry recognized cybersecurity certifications such as the ComptTIA Network+, ComptTIA Security+ and Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) examinations.
With a degree in Cybersecurity, you will be in demand. At St. Bonaventure, Cybersecurity students are prepared for high-paying careers including:
- Intelligence analyst
- Computer crimes special investigator
- Information assurance specialist
- Credit card fraud investigator
- Health insurance special investigator
- Money laundering analyst
- Network administrator
- Bank security compliance officer
- Compliance, risk management and fraud supervisor
- Digital forensics examiner