St. Bonaventure University is a:
- 2010 Military Friendly School, ranking it among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to recruit students with military experience.
- participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, which is designed to help students pay for educational programs not covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill tuition benefit.
The following is an overview of the various chapters of VA educational benefits available at St. Bonaventure:
- Chapter 33 – Post-9/11: Provides a tuition, housing, and book allowance to honorably discharged veterans who attained at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or those discharged with a service connected disability after 30 days. In addition, veterans may transfer their entitlement to their spouse and/or children.
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill: Provides a monthly benefit paid directly to the veteran based upon their type of training, length and category of service, and additional funding (“kickers”) placed in their educational fund.
- Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation and Educational Benefits: Provides full tuition, mandatory fees, books and supplies to the veteran who has a service-connected disability and needs vocational rehabilitation to overcome an employment handicap.
- Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve: Provides a monthly stipend for full-time students who are members of the Selected Reserve.
- Chapter 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program: Provides a monthly benefit to the children of a veteran who died or was permanently disabled due to a service-related disability.
For more information regarding these benefits, log onto www.gibill.va.gov
To begin the benefit application process:
- contact 1-888-GIBILL-1 to have a form mailed to your home or log onto the aforementioned VA Web site.
- contact our Financial Aid Office in person or via phone at 716-375-2528 to discuss your options and our procedures.
We appreciate your service to our nation and will make every effort to assist you in receiving the educational benefits that you deserve.