Currently we have an extensive agreement with Jamestown Community College and are in the process of facilitating a variety of articulation agreements with numerous community colleges in New York, including:
- Erie Community College
- Finger Lakes Community College
- Monroe Community College
- Niagara County Community College
- Genesee Community College
- Corning Community College
- Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- Broome Community College
- Onondaga Community College
Although we may not have an articulation agreement set up with your school, we accept most credits from accredited colleges and universities as long as a C or better has been earned in the course. To find out how your courses will transfer, click here. If your cumulative GPA is above a 2.5 we can accept all of the credits that you earned.
For the most accurate assessment, please contact, Thomas Iwankow, Associate Director of Admission/Transfer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, the University has made some significant changes to its Transfer Policy. These changes enable transferring into St. Bonaventure’s strong and extraordinary education friendlier and simpler.
Transferability of our Core Courses (Clare College)
a. Students who have earned an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree, or its equivalent, will be considered to have satisfied the requirements of CLAR 103, 105, 206, 208, & 209. Two introductory writing courses at least at the 100 level will be accepted for CLAR 110 & 111.
b. A student who has not earned an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree, or its equivalent, will be granted transfer credit as follows:
- CLAR 302 AND CLCL 302 – any 4 credit science lab course
- CLAR 103 – any 3 credit world or American history course
- CLAR 105 – any 3 credit psychology, sociology, political science, or economics course
- CLAR 206 – any 3 credit theology or religious studies course
- CLAR 208 – any 3 credit course with content reflective of a multi-cultural perspective
- CLAR 209 – any 3 credit art, music, theater, or literature course
- CLAR 110 & 111 – any two, 3 credit introductory writing courses at least at the 100 level
Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above can be granted credit for all previous coursework in which they have received a passing grade. Courses receiving grades below a C will require the approval of the dean of the school to which the student has applied.
Please contact Thomas D. Iwankow, Associate Director of Admission/Transfer Coordinator through e-mail or phone at 1-800-462-5050 to discuss how the courses you’ve taken will transfer into St. Bona's!