School Counselors The school counselor plays an important role in the high school student’s college search process. We invite school counselors to visit the St. Bonaventure campus to learn more about what your students will experience here, and we look forward to our continued collaboration in making a difference in the lives of young people.
Throughout the year, St. Bonaventure University admissions representatives maintain an active rapport with our colleagues in high schools across the United States, and we are confident that these relationships benefit prospective students.
Most often, conversations with school counselors involve the “fit” for individual students and the processing and review of applications. Applicants to St. Bonaventure may apply online with no application fee.
For First Year Freshman applicants, the following items are required:
- Completed Application Form (online)
- Secondary School Report/School Counselor Recommendation
- High School Transcript
- ACT or SAT score reports (if they do not appear on the official transcript). All prospective students are required to take the SAT or ACT test (writing not required)
- An essay or personal statement written by the applicant
- Where English is not the first language, students are required to take the TOEFL and score at least 80 on the test
While not required, also highly recommended is:
- At least one letter of recommendation from a high school teacher that highlights the applicant’s academic success and potential
Visits to campus and interviews are encouraged for all prospective students and their families, but they are not required.
St. Bonaventure University’s Combined Degree Franciscan Health Care programs have unique requirements. If students are interested in these highly competitive opportunities, refer to the Combined Degree Admission pages.
The St. Bonaventure University Admissions Team member who represents the University in your area looks forward to working with you. If you are in need of additional materials and applications, please e-mail email@example.com, call (716) 375-2434, or toll-free at (800) 462-5050.
Download a Secondary School Report Form or Optional Teacher Recommendation Form for a student applying to SBU.