St. Bonaventure University, for nearly 150 years, has been an institution that advances the education and value of individuals through exceptional academic programs and a commitment to the spiritual and social growth of every student.
Central to our mission is that St. Bonaventure students be given opportunities to become extraordinary, and that they develop the knowledge and skills that will make them not only better educated people, but better people. We value the individual, and we expect great things from our students. In turn, our students continue to impress their faculty, the University’s 20,000 alumni, employers and members of the many communities that they call home.
Each year, the Career and Professional Readiness Center surveys graduates to determine their success in attaining employment or in being enrolled in graduate school. The most recent survey available is that of the Class of 2006. Of 483 graduates, 314 (65 percent) responded to the survey. Of these, 314 respondents (68 percent) reported being employed full-time. Thirty-two percent reported being enrolled in an advanced degree program.
Complete information is available on the Career and Professional Readiness Center Web site, but some of the more impressive graduates found themselves in the following positions:
• Financial Analyst, Democrat and Chronicle Newspaper, Rochester, NY (Business Information Systems major)
• 4th Grade Teacher, Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV (Childhood Education major)
• Inclusion Learning Support Teacher, Baltimore County Public Schools, Towson, MD (Special Education major)
• Treasury Analyst, Tyco International US, Inc., Princeton, NJ (Finance major)
• Accountant, Flightline Systems, Victor, NY (Finance major)
• Corporate Communications Associate, National Fuel, Williamsville, NY (Journalism & Mass Communication major)
• Media Relations Assistant, University of Kentucky Athletics, Lexington, KY (Journalism & Mass Communication major)
• Senior Field Manager, GMR Marketing (ESPN), New Berlin, WI (Marketing major)
• Business Analyst, Citigroup, New York, NY (Mathematics major)
• Trademark Protection Coordinator, RE.MAX Internationsl, Inc., Greenwood Village, CO (Philosophy major)
• Personal Assistant, U. S. House of Representatives, Washington, DC (Political Science major)
• ESL Teacher, Kasintorn Wittaya Academy, Bangkok, Thailand (Sociology major)
Eighty-eight graduates enrolled full-time in graduate programs.
The complete list is available on the Career and Professional Readiness Center Web pages, but some of the schools these graduates are attending include:
• Penn State University, Molecular Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology Ph.D. (Biology major)
• SUNY Geneseo, Literacy B-6, M.S. Ed. (Childhood Education major)
• State University of New York at Albany, Library Science (English major)
• Villanova University, Finance, M.S. (Finance major)
• University of Paris-LaSorbonne, Language, M.A. (French major)
• Harvard Divinity School, Theological Studies, M.T.S. (History major, Theology major)
• Widener School of Law, J.D. (Journalism and Mass Communication major (2))
• Michigan State University, Law, J.D. (Philosophy major)
• University of Missouri-Tolla, Civil Engineering, M.S. (Physics major)
• Marshall University, Sports Administration, M.S. (Political Science major)
• Marquette University, Clinical Child Psychology, Ph.D. (Psychology major)