Providing Quality Graduate Programs for more than 80 years.
St. Bonaventure University, a Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, is an independent, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs.
The St. Bonaventure campus in southwestern New York is spread over 500 acres in a valley surrounded by the Allegheny foothills. It is located on Route 417 between Olean and Allegany, about two miles from Exit 25 of the Southern Tier Expressway (I-86).
The university is accessible by car, bus and commercial airlines, which land in Buffalo and nearby Bradford, Pa. The mailing address is St. Bonaventure, N.Y. 14778.
History of the St. Bonaventure University Campus
St. Bonaventure College was provisionally chartered on March 1, 1875, by an act of the Regents of the State of New York, “For the instruction ... in the learned languages and in the liberal and useful arts and sciences.” In the 1920s, the college developed a full-time graduate program, which has continually expanded since.
A permanent charter of incorporation was granted by the state in 1883, and in 1950, after nearly a century of operation, St. Bonaventure was granted university status by the Board of Regents.
Call the Office of Graduate Admissions at 1-800-462-5050 to schedule an appointment Monday thru Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Our office is located on the second floor of Hopkins Hall (the administration building), Room 220.
Most graduate classes at St. Bonaventure's main campus are offered in the evening. Education courses typically meet one day a week between Monday and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. or from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Business courses typically meet one day a week between Monday and Thursday after 5 p.m. Graduate courses in English, Franciscan Studies and business are sometimes held during the day. Please view the Course Schedule listing for specific class times.
The education programs noted as 'hybrid' below make extensive use of online coursework.
Programs Offered at St. Bonaventure University
School of Arts and Sciences
School of Business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Russell J. Jandoli School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- MA in Integrated Marketing Communications
School of Education
- MSED in Differentiated Instruction
- MSED in Differentiated Instruction SWD
- MSED/MS in Counselor Education - Community Mental Health
- MSED in Counselor Education - Rehabilitation
- MSED in Counselor Education - School
- MSED in Adolescent Literacy (Reading) 5-12
- MSED in Childhood Literacy (Reading) B-6
- MSED Plus Initial Certification in Adolescence Education 7-12
- MSED in Educational Leadership - hybrid program
Advanced Certificate Programs
- Counselor Education - School
- Differentiated Instruction
- School Building Leader (SBL) - hybrid program
- School District Leader (SDL) - hybrid program
School of Franciscan Studies
- Non-matriculating or audited coursework in Franciscan Studies (summer program)
Office of Graduate Admissions Contact Information:
St. Bonaventure University
Office of Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2520
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
Phone: 716-375-2021 or 1-800-462-5050
Graduate Admissions Staff:
Bruce Campbell and Tina Dewe
Room 220 Hopkins Hall (see first floor receptionist)