MBA candidates are evaluated based on the following criteria
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- Bachelor's degree completed by the time MBA study begins
Under certain circumstances, the GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived. School of Business policy allows for a GMAT/GRE waiver when:
- An applicant already possesses one of the following (earned) academic or professional credentials: Ph.D., Ed.D., JD, MD/DO, CPA
- An applicant has already taken and done well on another graduate school aptitude test (e.g. LSAT).
Additionally, if an applicant shows compelling credentials, e.g. extensive and significant post-college work experience paired with a strong undergraduate GPA, the MBA director can review those for a possible GMAT/GRE waiver. The test requirement is not waived based solely on undergraduate GPA.
When should I apply?
Students are encouraged to complete their applications at least six weeks before their expected start date.
4+1 program for SBU undergraduate general business majors
Students who earn an undergraduate general business degree from St. Bonaventure can earn an MBA in an accelerated time frame, based on their academic record. In many cases, these students can earn their MBA in as little as one calendar year (summer, fall & spring).
Five-Year Accounting Program
Students interested in the Accounting Five-Year Program should refer to specific admission requirements for this group: Learn More
International students should contact the Office of International Studies at St. Bonaventure at (716) 375-2574 for additional requirements.