Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major
in Business Information Systems
Do you enjoy using computers?
Would you like the flexibility to fit into any type of organization?
If so, you will find that
the Business Information Systems (BIS) major at St. Bonaventure
University is the choice for you. This program will prepare you for a
career in the exciting and high demand field of information technology.
You will receive instruction in:
Inherent in our curriculum is the emphasis in providing you with skills in:
- problem solving
- business processes
Why select our BIS program?
Program graduates have found fulfilling positions at major firms such as:
View the Robert Half IT Salary Guide and IT Skills and Salary Report.
You will have
the opportunity to join our BIS Club.
This club will assist you in better understanding
information technology and its application in the business world; help
foster relationships with alumni and potential employers; and, enable
you to utilize your skill and knowledge in service opportunities.
Recently, club members:
- installed computers at the Project CREATE homeless shelter in Harlem
- received a briefing at Ingram Micro in Buffalo
- toured a United Parcel Service IT facility in Atlanta, GA
- visited Wells Fargo Bank in Charlotte, NC
- You will have online learning opportunities
- You will have instruction from a unique collaboration of both business and computer science faculty
There are a variety of positions in the BIS field. These include:
- System Analyst
- End-User Support Specialist
- System DesignerNetwork Manager
- Web Master
- Database Administrator
- IS Consultant
- Chief Information Officer
In fact, BIS is a new pathway to leadership.