St. Bonaventure University is located at 3261 W. State St. (Route 417). The hotels listed on the Accommodations page are on the same street, within about a mile of the university. On Friday, the conference will be held in Doyle Hall. On Saturday, the conference will be held in the Walsh Science Center and in Plassmann Hall. (The Department of Mathematics is located in De La Roche Hall, which connects to the Walsh Science Center.)
Getting to the St. Bonaventure campus
Directions and Maps to the University will direct you to the Bonaventure campus. Using a GPS? Plug in this address for St. Bonaventure University: 3261 W. State St., Allegany, N.Y. 14706 (Note: This is not a mailing address for St. Bonaventure University.)
Friday: Getting to Doyle Hall from West State Street
||As you read the directions, below, for getting to Doyle Hall, refer to the Campus Map for Parking. Doyle Hall is building "7" on the map. The University Chapel ("6" on the map) is connected to Doyle Hall, and one can enter Doyle through the Chapel. The map shows faculty & staff parking areas in blue. However, conference participants may park in faculty & staff, student, or visitor parking areas. Microtel Inns and Suites is "M" on the map and Country Inn & Suites is "C". Best Western Plus University Inn is about 0.7 miles southeast from the University's Main Entrance on West State St.
- From West State Street, enter the campus from the Main Entrance, which takes you onto Bonaventure Road. The Main Entrance is marked by a very tall, vertical "St. Bonaventure University" sign. (If you are driving from Best Western Plus University Inn or Microtel Inns and Suites, this will be a left turn; if you are coming from Country Inn & Suites, you'll drive straight across West State Street from Constitution Avenue.) A few hundred feet ahead, there is a vehicle pull-off spot and a lighted map, should you desire additional directions.
- There are now two principal opportunities for parking, both requiring a right turn.
- If you take the first right onto Gerald McMinn Drive, you'll see Hopkins Hall ahead on your left. There are parking lots on your right and just beyond Hopkins; the lots are "V" and "W" on the map. A short walk will bring you to Doyle Hall.
- If you take the second right onto Brian Lahota Drive (a 180 degree right turn), Doyle Hall and the University Chapel will be on your left. You may park anywhere along this street. This is parking area "X" on the map.
Saturday: Getting to Walsh Science Center from West State Street
As you read the directions, below, for getting to the Walsh Science Center, refer to the Campus Map for Parking. The Walsh Science Center is "26" on the map. Plassmann Hall, where the Saturday afternoon program will be held, is "22" on the map. The map shows faculty & staff parking areas in blue. However, conference participants may park in faculty & staff, student, or visitor parking areas. Microtel Inns and Suites is "M" on the map and Country Inn & Suites is "C". Best Western Plus University Inn is about 0.7 miles southeast from the University's Main Entrance on West State Street.
- From West State Street, turn onto College Street. (If you are driving from any of the hotels on the Accommodations page, this will be a left turn.) The turn onto College Street is marked by a sign displaying "St. Bonaventure University West Entrance" and an arrow pointing into College Street. By following College Street, you'll arrive at the West Entrance shortly. The turn onto College Street is between the University's Main Entrance and a noticeable rise in the road where West State passes over train tracks.
- College Street bends sharply to the right and then runs nearly parallel to West State. Take the third left onto Bonaventure Road. The third left is the University's West Entrance and there is a large sign marking it as such. (Note: At this intersection, College Street becomes Union Street.)
- After perhaps 100 feet on Bonaventure Road, you'll have several parking opportunities.
- Taking the first left and then an immediate right will lead you to the Walsh Science Center parking. This is lot "T" on the map.
- If you don't take the first left off of Bonaventure Road, you can take the second left for Murphy Professional Building parking (part of lot "T") or the third left for Plassmann Hall parking (lot "S" on the map). There is additional parking to the right near some tennis courts.
Return to the main web page for the Fall 2011 Meeting of the MAA Seaway Section.