Minor in Latin
Non-majors may obtain a Latin minor by completing the requirements below. For an overview of a particular course, click on its title. Our Course Descriptions page lists all classical language courses.
- LAT 101-102. Elementary Latin
- LAT 201. Introduction to the Latin Authors of the Republic
- LAT 202. Introduction to the Latin Authors of the Empire
- Two approved electives chosen from
- LAT 301. Horace
- LAT 303. Roman Historians: Tacitus
- LAT 307. Cicero: Orations
- LAT 308. Poetry of the Ciceronian Age
- LAT 310. Poetry of the Empire
- LAT 311. Virgil: Aeneid
- LAT 401. Latin Satire
To declare a minor, a special form must be filled out and filed with the Records Office by the end of the student's junior year. The appropriate form is available from the student's advisor.