Welcome Days, Aug. 22-25, 2013
You will begin writing the first chapter of your Extraordinary Story at St. Bonaventure during Welcome Days. First-year students continue their orientation to SBU during the four-day program hosted the weekend before classes begin.
Thursday, Aug. 22, is A Day of Gathering. If you will be living on campus, you will move into your residence hall room and get settled before the rest of campus arrives. Check-in for commuter students occurs on Thursday afternoon, prior to the Candlelight Convocation.
Welcome Days is designed to help you get settled, become comfortable with the campus, get to know your classmates and become a Bonnie before the rest of the SBU student body returns to campus. The members of the Class of 2017 have the campus to themselves for a few days!
Participation in Welcome Days is required for all students.
A summary of events:
- Thursday, Aug. 22: A Day of Gathering
- Check-in and move-in: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Staff from key offices will be available at “SBU Central” from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Welcome Days Candlelight Ceremony begins at 9 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 23: A Day of “Classes”
- Required meetings, presentations and activities start at 9:30 and run through dinner
- Building meetings for all resident students end the day.
- Saturday, Aug. 24: A Day of Service
- On-campus and off-campus service activities
- Sunday, Aug. 25: A Day of Involvement and Fun
- Get involved in student activities
- Take a workshop to learn about things like hosting a radio show, becoming a student leader or playing rugby
Contact us if you have questions!